Saturday, June 26, 2010

Rocky Racoon 50k

Will I have it set in my sights! Rocky Racoon 50k, I will start my training Monday. The plan is simple Crossfit 3-4 time a week and run the other days. Including a little run on the the days I don't crossfit. This coming Saturday will be my first long run in a while. The plan is to run 6 miles Louetta to Grant road. The next week I will increase my mileage to 9 and then fluctuate a little through out the summer working my way up to 12 - 14 miles. I will also incorporate speed work in to my training. The goal is to be able to run fast and smarter.

The goal for this 50k is to complete it in 6 hours or less. I think that is possible. I will make my best effort to post information and the training that I have been doing. Also posting event that are occurring in my life that will effect my training. Training is not just about the event but all the events that take place before the run its self. I am sure life will get interesting before the race. I hope to keep you inform as for how it goes and hope that I will gain your support in my effort to brake hours running 31.1 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment