Friday, February 6, 2009

Good Morning Everyone! Feb 6, 2009 Friday

WOD
5 Rounds for time:
5 Deadlifts (160lbs)
10 Burpes
Time: 7:04
Nice short workout. I did feel it somewhat in my legs especially hams.
Your mind can play games with you and tell you that you can't do it and Crossfit helps you to separate the two. I figure out that if I don't think about the movement and just do it I can accomplish it. I was doing pullups in a WOD one morning and every time that I sat there and thought about if I was going to be able to do it or not I would not do a strong pull-up. If I saw myself doing the motion I would make it. Interesting how that works. That is where Crossfit stands out from other workout formats. It takes you all the way to exhaustion and then says keep going! That is when the mind tries to take over, if you let it. But if you let you body take over you will shortly find out that you can go even further than what you thought.

Later!
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment