Monday, February 16, 2009

WOW!

Hey everyone!

It has been a whole week since I last posted and a lot has taken place. Last week I completed 22 miles; 6 on Tuesday, 6 on Thursday and 14 on Saturday, but actually came up short and did 10. I was running and feeling good with the plan to complete 14 miles. Around mile 9 I was feeling really good and was going to keep moving. My mind left the trail and was focused of something else and I landed on a root and turned my ankle, and went down to the ground. I heard a pop and burning pain in my ankle. I laid there rolled up and felt my ankle. No swelling yet. I thought to myself good, but the pain was burning. So I laid there luckily I had my training partner Shelly whole knows no pain and notice I was on the ground and keep bring me a stick to through. She kept me in the moment and focused on getting better. I also brought my phone so that I could track my mileage and route. So I called my wife to meet me at the nearest park to pick me up. Which was only about 1/4 mile away. I finally got up looked down at my ankle and saw that it was not swelling. Which was a good sign, but it was definitely sore. I had to end the run there because of the condition of the ankle. So I came up short on my mileage. But I felt very good, strong and was ready to continue onward. Right now the ankle is doing great, I will stick to flat smooth surfaces for a while right now so that I can regain the strength in the ankle.

Monday Feb 16th, 2009 WOD
21-15-9
Burpees
Pull-up

Time 7:07
Great strait to the point WOD!

Tomorrow. 6 mile Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment