Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mon - Sat. 6 days worth of post in one day!

Monday Jan. 12 WOD

150 Thrusters (morning 5:00am)

Run 4 miles (Evening 9:30pm)- great workout, but very challenging. Had to keep form throughout the entire work and that was the hard part. this workout also played with my mind a lot. I wish that I had the time that I accomplished it in but I don't. I started out doing 25 thruster and then tampered down to sets of two and then up to 10 sets. Very challenging workout that really focused on form and endurance! That night I also went out for a 4 mile run. It was a good run I felt really good on it



Tuesday Jan 13 WOD

As many reps in 20 minutes

8 dynamic push-ups

10 pull-ups

9 reps

Man this was also a tough workout. Talk about overcoming your thoughts. This one really challenged my mind. I did kipping pull-ups all the way through but had to back down to knees push ups because I had a hard time.

Wednesday Jan 14
For time, 21-15-9 of:
Push Press (m 95lb)
Box Jumps (m 30in)

Matt was really pushing me to go more so I did. 95lbs push press was really pushing me. The weight was tough the last round of nine and bearly finished. But completed the whole workout. I had been doing box jumps on the 24" box, but this time Matt pushed me towards the 30" I did the whole workout on the 30" box. It was pretty awesome. In the front of my mind I was saying that I could not jump up on the box. Then Matt yelled out just jump, do it! So I stopped thinking about and just started jumping. I completed the entire workout. It was very tough and pushed me to my limits.

Thursday Jan 15

3 rounds for time of:
40 KB Swings (m:45lb)
25 Knees to Elbows
I was feeling yesterday's workout. The kettle bell swings were very tough and challenged my core and upper body. My grip started to go on the second round which made it hard to keep a firm grip on the handle. I finished pretty slow, but that was because of the strenuous workout on Wed.
Run 6 Miles- I ran at memorial park and there was hardly anyone there because the Houston Marathon is coming up this weekend. I did two loops around memorial park and felt very good. My legs were tight and stiff but that is going to be a given after the two WOD that I had. I finished the run in 50 minutes which was better than I thought that I would do.

Friday Jan 16
WOD:
5 minutes of max jump ropes
…then…
50 Med Ball Clean & Jerks as a group!

Good wholesome workout! I did 430 on the jump rope which is great! When I first started out I had a hard time doing 200, and this time 200 hundred was really easy. So the jump rope was easier than what it has been in the past. Then on to the med ball cleans and that was a bit tough because Matt was calling the moves and the counts.

Saturday Jan 17

12 miles- My legs were pretty much dead from the week. I did Load up two water bottles of Electrolytes and brought a Cliff bar with me. The plan for this run was to walk the first mile and then run 3 miles and walk a mile and run three and so on until I finished. I was not so worried about the time but finishing was what was most important. Endurance is what I am working on here not speed and I have to keep that in mind while training for the 50k. My speed work out will take place during the week on road or trail, depending on where I am. Total Mileage- 22

No comments:

Post a Comment