Friday, January 9, 2009

Thursday Jan 8, 2009

When ever your neck is stuck or out of balance the rest of the body compensates for that. It is a correction process that your body goes through in order to keep the eyes level. So in that case my neck was out of balance and therefore my hips were compensating to correct what was going on in my neck or it could have been the opposite. But regardless I had the adjust done by my good friend Dr. Otis who is an amazing Chiropractor and is 85 years old and still practicing. (That really inspires me to continue my practice in massage). I left feeling better. However my hips had adjusted to my neck and my hips became out of balance mainly my right deep six rotators, IT band and Hamstring group. All day long it just stayed there contracting because that is what it was use to doing for the last few days or even weeks. So I had Faith and my Dad work on the area and we discovered that the range of motion for the deep six rotators was not at its fullest range of motion. After some compressive work and releasing the muscles in that area my range of motion improved and I was back to normal. Alternative therapy works again . I think I will start keeping score Alternative Therapy 50: Conventional Meds 1

Thursday
5 Miles through the neighbor hood with my training crew. I felt strong but my hip was really bothering me. I still completed the miles. I took two bottles of water with me one had water the other had Electrolyte Stamina. Weather was great! My legs did get tired toward the end but I believe that is from the restriction in my right hip.

Food:
Two Boil eggs
Salad with grass feed beef
Tuna Sandwich, and a Chocolate cookie
Water throughout the whole day

I have decided to see how long I can go before I have any candy, cookies or any other high sugar content product.

I will post pictures tonight so stay posted. Saturday is my 10 mile run so look forward to hearing about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment