Saturday, June 20, 2009

Running WOD Friday and Saturday

Friday afternoon I set out about 5 pm to do my WOD for the endurance part. The WOD was 2x 1000 meter at 90%

1st 1000 meter 4:08
2nd 1000 meter 4:18

Considering it was hot and a little humid. The run was slower than I could have gone. I could feel the heat beating down. The second round was a little tuff. That usually means that I went out to fast the first time. Which is a common mistake that I need to correct. As I train more and more I will see that get easier. The idea is to be faster the last round or close to the same but not be slower.

This morning I went out for Saturday's WOD which was 12 min time trial. The object to run as far as possible. T started by working on POSE running technique and then an easy 5 min run to where I planned to start. Which was on the trail at Jones road by the Pine trees. I started there ran as far as I could in 5 mins and then turned around an continued the rest of the way back. I choose to do it on the trails because of the mixed terrain. There were ditches and sandy parts that made the run a little more difficult. Towards the end I felt myself hitting a high point and I felt very strong. I wish that I knew exactly what the distance was. I am going to guess it was about 1 3/4 miles. When the same WOD comes up I will do it on the same course. I also had to put up with some dogs on the course to which probably took some time away. So next time I should be a lot faster.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment